This proposal is intended to hire jackieboi as Senior Architect on the Consumer Products squad for a predefined time frame of 12 months, growing the Consumer Product Squad from 4 to 5 full time positions. His main role for the NFTX DAO will be refining the application infrastructure and ops, and scaling the capabilities and robustness of the platform to compete as a fully decentralized marketplace. After the 12 months period ends, when there is mutual interest to extend the position, a new proposal will have to pass through governance for extension of position.
With the focus of the NFTX Consumer Squad to extend on the decentralized marketplace product offering, leading to higher volumes and deeper liquidity on NFTX, the team is seeing a surge in new feature requests and support demand. These will only increase, as will the complexity and requirements of the platform. As the team is already working on maximum capacity, we feel that growing the team (slowly) is the way to cater to these needs.
Over the past two months jackieboi has been actively contributing to the core team efforts, including: refactor key parts of the application to handle the swaithe of new marketplace features in a way that allows us to add meaningful test coverage; Use streams to improve asset balance load times of large NFT wallets; Rewrite the Algolia search indexing infrastructure to facilitate NFT filters.
As jackieboi is currently under contract with an employer, passing this proposal would require him to resign from his current position to contribute full-time as an NFTX core member. If this proposal passes, jackieboi’s Sablier streams start at the time he can commit full time.
- jackieboi has delivered meaningful code contributions in a short period of time, including critical scalability and stability changes.
- Being a former colleague of quag at his previous position and working alongside him for many years, personal synergies are known.
- None noted.
Hiring jackieboi will involve him being responsible for:
- Ensuring long term scalability of the platform
- Increasing reliability and robustness of code
- Streamlining the relationship between devops and infrastructure
- Explaining, documenting and implementing solutions for new features and complex problems
- Championing speed, performance, availability, and quality
In order to appoint jackieboi, we’d like to offer him the following competitive package, for which funds are required from the DAO treasury. Package is paid with a 75-to-25% ratio in USDC/NFTX, as defined below:
- 131250 USDC 12-months vesting schedule using Sablier.
- NFTX (Worth 43750 at the time of vesting start) 12-months vesting schedule using Sablier
These funds are to be paid upfront after the vote passes and jackieboi commits full-time. Extension of his position after 12 months at NFTX will require a new proposal.
- Reference to Consumer Squad proposal: Snapshot
- Minimum Quorum: At least 5 votes
- Passing Threshold: More than 50% must vote in agreement for the XIP to Pass. For changes to the NFTX contract, more than 70% must vote in agreement for the XIP to pass.
- Not in current form, see comments