Alex Gausman, Scott Lewis, Finesseboi
- This proposal is to acquire ChopChop (aka 0xChop) as a second member of the NFTX core team, assisting in operations, marketing & communication. This should help free up Alex to focus more on product and development.
As an open-org, it is essential that NFTX hits the ground running. We are very fortunate to have completed the bounties so quickly, and to have such an active (and helpful) community within the first few weeks, but we cannot relax quite yet. The current NFTX frontend is still an MVP and our documentation is also lacking. These are issues that Alex will be attending to this month, as well as a couple PR events to promote our platform.
The goal is for our core team to grow slowly and for it to have significant overlap with moderators and community leaders, who are equally indispensable to our mission. ChopChop happens to be available for work now, has previous experience in the industry, and has been one of the prominent leaders in the NFTX community since day one. Therefore, we believe he will make a good first addition.
- ChopChop has already proven to be a valuable contributor and is already working towards the rebrand. Guaranteeing that he can continue on this path will be beneficial for the DAO
- The only risk is that the competitive package would be incorrectly sized due to a part of the package being allocated in NFTX. This could cause concerns for Chop not being incentivised correctly due to token valuation swings. This can lead into either being overpaid, or underpaid. In any case this is the only risk and can always be re-visited, as tokens are vested.
- Hiring ChopChop will involve him being responsible for:
Funding Request - Yes - Implementation requires funding
- In order to acquire ChopChop as a core team member, we’d like to offer him the following competitive annual package, for which funds are required from the DAO treasury:
- 120,000 USDC (+ 1200 NFTX vesting using Superfluid or Sablier) per year. These funds are to be paid up front on a monthly basis to ChopChop’s wallet, after the vote passes.
Proposed Points of Discussion
- How should we value current and future contributors? How can we attract talent to remain competitive?
Quorum and Governance Notes
- Minimum Quorum: More than 20% of circulating, non-treasury NFTX must participate for a proposal to Pass. (Exact #?)
- Passing Threshold: More than 50% of voting tokens must vote FOR for the NIP to Pass. For changes to the NFTX contract, more than 70% of voting tokens must vote FOR for the NIP to pass.
- Yes: Offer ChopChop proposed package
- No: Do not offer ChopChop proposed package