- Implement standard operating procedures for governance.
- Goals of a Good Governance Process:
- Make good decisions.
- Governance process should be transparent and clear.
- Encourage contribution and involvement.
- Make sure opposing views can be heard and considered.
- Make sure a proposal is technically feasible.
- Keep the governance process moving and free of gridlock.
- Proposals will be standardized and decision making can be more effective.
- Increased Transparency and increased accessibility to “informed” Governance.
- Opinions that are worth less than their voting weight can have a bigger influence.
Implement format below as standard/required proposal format
- Explanation of process behind implementing proposed objective
Funding request - (y/n)
Proposed points of discussion.
Notes on required Quantity and time for Quorum
- Where to discuss and requirements before the official proposal
- Where and how to vote
Implement a standard Governance Process/Flow - Flow In the post below
What requires proposals/what doesn’t
- Gauging for Opinion/Ideas.
- Write a concise title and understandable (aka non-tech/Eli-5) summary.
- Formulate clear for and against positions for binary proposals, or a scale of options with an “Against” option for numerically based proposal. Try to get proposals down to the minimum amount of options
- Include a poll to measure sentiment (public, results on vote).
- Don’t rush submitting a snapshot proposal, keep the discussion going for at least 3 days.
- Stick to proposal format.
- Discussing proposed points.
- Final Draft (if first is a draft).
- Proposal + Poll (Quorum required).
- Pre-requisites: It is expected that the proposal has been discussed on Discord and the forums for approximately 3 days and “the community signals its interest.” Enforcement of this rule falls to social consensus.
- Copy and paste from final discourse proposal with discussion points removed.
- What requires proposals/what doesn’t.
- Quorum required?
If a proposal does not follow these steps, it is invalid.
If a proposal does not get more than X votes in total, it is invalid.
All rules can be modified by a valid proposal, but “fully discussed with the community” should be the principle.
Funding request - No - Implementation does not require funding
- No funds required.
Proposed Points of Discussion
- I’ve changed the minimum quorum from 20% circulating to 10% based on ChopChop’s hiring proposal barely reaching the 20% (Even though 100% of votes are in agreement).
- Draft: Draft Proposal - Governance Process and Proposal Format - #4 by finesseboi
- Discord: https://discord.gg/xcJkxMXSR8
Quorum and Governance Notes
- Minimum Quorum: More than 10% of circulating, non-treasury NFTX must participate for a proposal to Pass.
- Passing Threshold: More than 50% of voting tokens must vote FOR for the XIP to Pass. For changes to the NFTX contract, more than 70% of voting tokens must vote FOR for the XIP to pass.
- Yes: Implement governance process and proposal format
- No: Disregard governance process and proposal format