[BRAINSTORM] Utilize pooled NFT on NFTX as a collateral for loans

• NFT are the new form of capital. Their utilisation as collateral in the DeFi ecosystem is desirable and inevitable.
  • The recent launch of Fuse by Rari is an opportunity to put this capital to work.

Project

Rari Capital, recently launched Fuse; an isolated interest rate market. In a nutshell: a market on which you can select autonomously the collateral supported and the risk framework associated.

I propose the creation of a NFTX market composed of the most liquid pools on Sushiswap. Selecting the more liquid asset is fundamental to providing Rari the certitude liquidation will be done at a competitive price. Based on the Aave risk framework, I provided those potential settings for the market. This needs to be challenged.

Link : NFTX x Fuse - Google Sheets

Benefits

In addition to the evident benefits that getting leverage on NFT brings, this integration will

reaffirm the will of NFTX to build innovative, useful tools at the intersection of DeFi and NFT.

In the spectrum of what has been done with PieDAO, the partnership with RariCapital would be the occasion to communicate on the first solution to offer ā€œNFT as collateralā€ while making those two dedicated communities closer.

Implementation

I donā€™t see any difficulty in implementing this. Rari is waiting for a NFTX representant to contact them if the community wants to be part of the safeguarded launch of Fuse.

2 Likes

This is dope, great initiative @TheoRochaix

Paging @willprice and others to have a look at the implications of this. Happy to move this through and can assist anywhere you need me once the idea is cristalized :slight_smile:

1 Like

ā€œNFT as collateralā€ was pretty much the first use case that came to mind when I heard about NFTX so I love that we can potentially get the ball rolling on this.

Am a big supporter of the idea and think thereā€™s plenty of ways we could promote it within our consumer apps as another value-add of minting an XTOKEN.

2 Likes

The NFTX/PUNK-BASIC pair is significantly deeper than ETH/PUNK and could support a higher loan to value ratio

4 Likes

Definetly, great point.
I updated the sheet

Capture dā€™eĢcran 2021-03-31 aĢ€ 09.59.09

We will discuss this at gov call today and then move forward with @0xchop and the Rari team

Great idea, using NFTā€™s as collaterol is a huge benefit and NFTX should be one of the first movers in this space!

One point I would make is AXIE & Kittys on your tableā€¦

• A loan to value of 5% and with relatively low liquidity (Compared to the others) makes me wonder if these will ever get usedā€¦ There is not too much value in a 5% loan to value IMO.
1 Like

Hello all,

TIL of the ā€œNFTX Poolā€ Fuse Pool of NFTX (I apologize for digging up this thread from past year :sweat_smile:), I have been reading through the comments over here.

If I may, Iā€™d like to address the following paragraphs, outlined:

In this specific pool (NFTX Pool) there are 3 stables (+ ETH) that lenders can deposit to gain interest rates, and 5 assets users can deposit as collateral to borrow the stables against (with varying Collateral Factors/ LTV for each asset according to its risk parameters).

Consider for a moment having a backstop option, an additional layer in the liquidation process, and more specifically an integration with with Backstop Protocol (b.protocol), which would allow for:

• the offering of higher Collateral Factors (LTV) due to a more robust liquidation mechanism.
  • No need to run liquidation bots by 3rd parties or by the team (democratizing the liquidation process).
  • Risk analysis of the market that can provide quantifiable insights into each asset in the pool.

Is this something that sparks interest?

Hey guys! Coming in a bit late, but I assume the NFTX Fuse pool has been running for a while now. As I can see it only has PUNK and WIZARD as its NFT collaterals, will you agree it needs updating? Since the TVLs of the pools on NFTX has changed and now there are also OTHR, DOODLE, MILADY, MAYC, MEEB that have higher liquidity than WIZARD. This would almost certainly make NFTX Fuse pool attract more liquidity. But does it require creating a new NFTX pool in Fuse, or can the existing one be updated?