This proposal is intended to move forward and appoint Kiwi as a part time senior solidity developer on the protocol squad for a pre-defined timeframe (3 months), with the main goal to help Alex on research and development efforts for the NFTX protocol/contracts, while assisting end-user product teams/contributors with web3 integrations, documentation and support.
As the NFTX DAO has grown fast and claimed its position as the primary issuer for NFT index funds, it is key to continue innovating as competitors in the same and/or similar vertical will arise. To ensure we keep this competitive advantage, we need to appoint a protocol squad that leads researching additional valuable features for the NFTX protocol, push and delegate development efforts, and who acts as the main point of contact for all technical discussions. This protocol squad is currently led by Alex Gausman.
Kiwi has shown great initiative and added significant value to the NFTX ecosystem lately by working together with Alex on speccing out & developing a v2 of the NFTX protocol on a daily basis. Next to that he is a great communicator, which will be critical to attract additional builders and guarantee the long term success of the DAO.
We believe providing Kiwi with a grant to work part-time on the protocol squad as a senior solidity developer for a minimum of 3 months provides great long-term value for NFTX, further strengthening the path the DAO is on.
- Kiwi has shown his value and competency to the DAO and general DeFi space (mentioned above), and appointing him on the protocol squad for the upcoming 3 months will cement our lead in the NFT/DeFi space on a technical level.
- Kiwi has extensive experience developing with, and creating developer communities within the Ethereum ecosystem, being the founder of the CryptoDevs discord.
- Communication is key. Appointing Kiwi on the protocol squad may organically disincentivize other developers to proactively contribute when communication isn’t clear around his role and responsibilities.
Hiring Kiwi will involve him being responsible for:
- Part-time position to help Alex on NFTX Protocol Research & Development (R&D)
- Develop and/or delegate feature development according to builder needs
- Creating and sustaining technical resources for the NFTX ecosystem such as documentation, technical blog posts
Funding request - Yes - Implementation Requires Funding
- In order to appoint Kiwi to the interim position, we’d like to offer him the following competitive package, for which funds are required from the DAO treasury: 42000 USDC per 3 months paid through a Sablier stream. These funds are to be paid upfront after the vote passes. Extension of his position after 3 months at NFTX will require an additional proposal.
Proposed points of discussion.
Quorum (For forum)
- Minimum Quorum: At least 5 votes
- Passing Threshold: More than 50% must vote in agreement for the XIP to Pass. For changes to the NFTX contract, more than 70% must vote in agreement for the XIP to pass.