This proposal is intended to hire Kiwi as senior solidity engineer for a pre-defined timeframe (6 months), with the main goal to lead further protocol research and development efforts for the NFTX DAO. After the 6 months period ends, when there is mutual interest to extend the position, a new proposal will have to pass through governance.
With NFTX maturing in the past months, it is key for the longevity of the DAO to retain top talent that has been helping out and/or working on the core team. As a main contributor to the second version of NFTXs’ protocol, Kiwi has been delivering outstanding output including completely rewriting the code base, adding additional key features such as fee capture mechanics and staking rewards, all necessary to extend our consumer product offering in the form of market places, farms, and integrations with other projects.
As Kiwi is currently contributing on a three-month grant which is due to end in June, we believe promoting Kiwi from his current position into NFTX protocol lead for a 6 month period (extendable) provides long term value to the NFTX DAO.
Having spoken to Kiwi individually, he will keep his position at Prysmatic Labs. The position to lead NFTXs’ protocol engineering efforts is targeted to have a 20h/week workload, which is reflected in the offered package.
- Kiwi has delivered outstanding protocol engineering over the past months with building v2, and has signalled he wants to take lead in further advances of the protocol.
- Kiwi has extensive experience developing with, and creating developer communities within the Ethereum ecosystem, being the founder of the CryptoDevs discord.
- None noted.
Hiring Kiwi will involve him being responsible for:
- Leading NFTX Protocol Research & Development (R&D)
- Liaise with other team members and community on mechanism design.
- Develop and/or delegate feature development according to builder needs
- Creating and sustaining technical resources for the NFTX ecosystem such as documentation, technical blog posts
In order to appoint Kiwi to leading protocl, we’d like to offer him the following competitive package, for which funds are required from the DAO treasury. Packages are paid as defined below:
- 84000 USDC 6-months vesting schedule using Sablier.
These funds are to be paid upfront after the vote passes. Extension of his position after 6 months at NFTX will require an additional proposal.
- Minimum Quorum: At least 5 votes
- Passing Threshold: More than 50% must vote in agreement for the XIP to Pass. For changes to the NFTX contract, more than 70% must vote in agreement for the XIP to pass.